Thursday, July 5, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday............


Hello all, it's that day of the week where we learn new things about each other and discover new blogs along the way.  We also help each other by becoming followers of one another.  Normally that following would be through GFC (which would be great if you'd still take a few seconds to do), but with that being eliminated for certain blogs (a big boo-hiss to that) I now ask that you follow through a RSS Feed (or Twitter, FB, or email) which you can find to the right.  I want to thank all of you ahead of time who choose to become a follower and make sure to let me know in the comments if you're new so I doubly make sure to follow you back.  And now for this weeks get to know me question....


Q: Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don't like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.


A:  I'm not a big fan of YA books but picked up The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins after it was released because my sister couldn't stop talking about it.  I now recommend it to everyone.

14 comments:

  1. Yay!! I love this series mucho. I don't think I've ever met someone who didn't like it...it's just so epic! Happy Friday :)
    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was like that for a while too. But there have been so many good YA books coming out lately. Lived Hunger Games.
    -Jenese
    www.readersconfession.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read that one, its on my shelf just haven't gotten to it yet.

    MyFF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. So glad you loved The Hunger Games. It's definitely a page turner.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hunger Games were great, but I read YA mostly so for me that wasn't a real surprise :) New follower!

    Happy Friday!
    My FF/TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this just goes to show that it doesn't matter what genre a book is, a well written engaging book will always be just that.

    Old follower hopping through.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also not much of a Young Adult fan but enjoyed The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting. Maybe it was the serial killer plot that did it.

    Here's my Follow Friday.
    I'm also having a Giveaway, so come on by and enter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liked the Hunger Games, it was a new genre for me.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. YA is all I read - and the Hunger Games is FANTASTIC!

    New follower!!

    Follow back? Here's my post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. YA is practically all I read now a days, haha. The hunger games were pretty good, but I can promise you: there are much better YA books out there! :)

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/feature-follow-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting, YA is usually all I read haha.

    Old Follower
    Sandy
    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for stopping by, both old and new followers! I've followed all new visitors back and wish a wonderful weekend to old friends.

    I'm totally boiling here after being out all day and will comment more places once I'm done dying....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad that you tried YA out! It can be really great when done right, like the Hunger Games.

    I'm a new follower via GFC!

    Would love if you checked out my blog, Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete